Welcome back, everyone – we’re public again!
The blog restoration – caused by F*ckbucket changing their 3rd party hosting policy earler this summer – has now been largely finished (I have stopped counting the hours I’ve had to put into it), including the picture-heavy comment thread of Mitriversary The First (I am already looking forward to the second). And these photos above aren’t even a fifth of the caps involved in that thread.
There are only bits and pieces missing now in photo links, mostly the occasional screencap in a comment. You’re welcome to point any such incidents out to me, and I will fix them.
I have also repaired the entirety of the cap-heavy Marina/Esther posts, including the episode screenshot collections and the Against The Withdrawals “fotonovelas”. Turns out that with the layout change, the caps are now twice the size for your perusal in displaying.
Happy (and hopefully unperturbed) reading!
Meanwhile, in my ongoing attempts to repair the damage F*ckbucket policy change has done to my blog archives, I have ventured into the comment sections of a few of the liveblogs, repairing ‘illustrative caps of the moment posted to make finer points’.
“Fantasio” now counts with all its comment caps again (the following, in case you were wondering)…
Now back up for your enjoyment:
- Dess Dee Mona and Dr. T (or how the Zurich Bartoli “Otello” was actually a Bond-style tale of Mezzo Mobsters ruling the day (and dating other mezzos))
- Cargo Bae 2, on the Michieletto “Idomeneo” with Arquéz and Karthäuser
- the small, but important cover scan of the Munich Alcina (back when “White Shirt Monday” was still called “CGMP!”)
- contempation of the old ROH “Don Giovanni” with DiDonato and Persson #TheOriginalVigilanteEnding
- Basso-related Beauners: Handel’s “Trionfo”, 2010
- vintage iconic Tito-ness with Kasarova.
- more Vintage Kasarova
- did I already mention Vintage Kasarova?
- Zeit with Fleming
- The Aftershow Post on last year’s controversial Aix “Così”
- …and the big innuendo marketing post, “Got Me Covered?” – even all these years later, I cannot believe how gay some of these covers are.
The latest posts rescued from the nefarious clutches of F*ckbucket include:
- the Zurich “Agrippina” review, now with bigger images (amazing what a difference a few years and a blog layout change can make!)…
- the Garanča Met Sesto series: “Garančas aren’t the only fruit”, including the aria guessing post and the Xena mash-up…
- the Dandy & Skinned Rabbit Genaux/Beaumont post on Haydn’s “Il mondo della luna” with lots of dashing Vivia Genaux…
- the White Shirt Goodie Post of the Ciofi/Polverelli “Capuleti” in Liège…
- …and, of course, something as utterly substantial as Kasarova in shoulder sleeves. Ahem.
An update on the restoration work front (said front being caused by F*ckbucket's new 3rd Party Hostage rules):
The kitchen section has been fully re-equppied with its according photos.
Several opera posts (not always in chronological order) have been rescued as well, but due to the sheer amount of them, this category will take longer.
Larger opera posts restored within the past few days, amidst cursing and more cursing, include:
- The grand Hogwarts Rinaldo After Dark School Special on the Glyndebourne "Rinaldo" with Sonia Prina,
- the "Why Opera Was Invented For Lesbians" Alcina break-down, and
- the "Troyens = Troygays" post featuring Antonacci and the Anna/Didon romance.
Most of my limited blogging time continues to go into these restoring efforts at the moment, which is why there are fewer posts overall.
(the TDU recaps, though I plan to get to them eventually, will have to wait at the end of the line simply because they are very photo-heavy and not a priority at the moment)
These restoration efforts also take over what little I had managed to organize as fiction writing time this summer, to finally continue with "Stages", which is stuck in the middle of Chapter 16 even though the outline through to chapter 30+ is done and detailed.